Friday, February 18

I Am Not Your Blowing Wind, Dammit!!!


I haven't been out and about so much this year, movie-wise. By this time last year, I had seen eleven movies. This year, I've only seen two. Of course, there's really nothing out there that I want to see. In fact, the only movie that opens in February that I honestly want to see is Drive Angry: Shot In 3D. Because it looks like a good time. It's made by the writer/director duo behind My Bloody Valentine 3D, a film I really enjoyed, the plot sounds right up my alley, and it stars Nicolas Cage and William Fichtner, two actors I adore. How could I not see this damned movie?!


What else is out there? Sanctum? No Strings Attached? Gnomeo & Juliet? No thanks. I'd rather wait until something I actually want to see opens. I know, the list of films I saw in the first two months of 2010 wasn't all good. Stuff like The Tooth Fairy & Legion filled me with unease. But mostly I had a good time with last year's winter theatrical offerings. So far this year, there's just nothing exciting at all. March is looking up, though. I've got Rango, Battle: Los Angeles, Paul and Sucker Punch to look forward to, which is nice.

Mostly, I've been re-watching the Alien franchise on Blu-Ray. The films look fantastic. Truly amazing. My opinion on Aliens has soured a great deal over the years, however. It truly is an inferior sequel to Ridley Scott's original Alien. On the surface, it's still a very entertaining sci-fi thriller, but it honestly is such a shallow experience. That's par for the course with James Cameron, though. Why does the climax of Aliens so shamelessly crib from the first film? Nobody could come up with an original ending?

Eh, that's a rant for another time.

I'm really here to inform you, Dear Imaginary Reader, that there's a brand-new edition of the award-winning podcast, The Podcast of Lies, available for your listening pleasure! In this thrilling installment, allow your hosts Dustin & Ky to entertain you with stories involving the recent remake if True Grit, the pedophile's wet dream of a reality series Toddlers & Tiaras, lessons in responsible parenting, and an update on the whereabouts of former daytime talk show host Ricki Lake.

I think you're going to love it. But what do I know? I only created the fucking thing. Enjoy it, scum!



I'll return to talk about Drive Angry and whatever the hell else tickles my fancy at a later date. Until then, you're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know which lady you're talking about on that beauty show. She does look like fucking doctor Giggle!

    ReplyDelete