Saturday, October 3

Can You Feel It?

I stepped outside a little earlier. I was delighted to feel a chill in the air. It's October, and Autumn has finally arrived.

Ahh...

Most people just say "Fall", but I hate calling it that. It's not a befitting name for such a wondrous season. "Autumn", on the other hand, has stature. A good, strong word.

It seems almost everybody dislikes Autumn. Because it reminds them that Winter is just around the corner. And people hate Winter. I don't. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

The bitter cold, the howling winds, the occassional ice storm... I love it all. When I take a brisk walk on a grey winter afternoon, I can smell the burning wood of numerous fireplaces. I marvel at the sight of all the bare, leafless trees. It's a magical thing.

I love Winter. Unconditionally. And I love Autumn because it reminds me that Winter is not far behind.

Fuck Global Warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment