Friday, August 21

To Taste The Flesh, Not Yet Deceased


Hello! It's been a little while, boys and girls, I know. And no, I haven't succumbed to the plague that is still running roughshod across this once-great country we call America. Not yet, at any rate. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but I've got a whole bunch of other bullshit I need to worry about in the meantime. I haven't updated this misbegotten blog in a few weeks, and that's due to a number of factors. Chronic pain is a big one, as well as a general black mood that's been consuming most of my free time since this month began. But now I'm back, for the seven people that pretend to care, and there's a brand-new episode of that creepy fucking clown podcast waiting below for your listening "pleasure". 

In an effort to make up for lost time, this particular episode, entitled The Rob Zombie Paradox, is double-length, ensuring that absolutely nobody will ever listen to the end! Now I know what you're thinking, but the entirety of this podcast is not actually about the life and career of world-famous musician/film maker/dirt bag Rob Zombie, although I'm sure the title might lead you to assume otherwise. In fact, we don't even begin to talk about Mr. Zombie until around eight minutes into the damned thing. Those first eight minutes are composed mostly of semi-coherent rambling about numerous topics that have no bearing on the overall subject of the podcast and are therefore entirely superfluous, but instead of just cutting them out like any reasonable human being, I kept them in, because there's something wrong with my brain. But the next thirty minutes (oh good lord, thirty minutes) are a pure Rob Zombie experience. There's love, there's hate, there's stark indifference, and in the end, perhaps a reappraisal of Rob Zombie's work as a rock star and film director. My personal boogeyman Glenn Danzig also rears his ugly head once again, because I can't help but compare and contrast the vaguely similar career arcs of these two deeply strange gentlemen. 

So I guess if you want to listen to nearly forty minutes of two slightly drunk guys chatting about the life and works of the brother of that guy from Powerman 5000, strap in and take the ride. 

Chapter 19: The Rob Zombie Paradox


That's all I've got for you this time. No prolonged political tirades, no half-baked movie reviews, no muss, no fuss. Just a new podcast, and absolutely nothing else to speak of. Maybe I'll have something more to offer next time. We'll see. As for when "next time" will be... your guess is as good as mine. I'll try to maintain a schedule, but there are no guarantees in this life. 

Until next time (whenever that is), take care of yourselves, and don't let the bastards get you down.


No comments:

Post a Comment