Wednesday, October 3

What Does This Mean? Who Can Say?



I can't believe how quickly the time goes by. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting in front of the television in my favorite Go-Bots t-shirt, watching reruns of Star Trek and thinking about how much fun I was going to have trick-or-treating.

Those were the days, man. Wandering around in the dark with a pillowcase, bothering perfect strangers in the hope that they'll throw tiny candy at my fat face. There's a lot of unspoken trust in that act, when you think about it. You just have to assume that the people behind those closed doors aren't deranged enough to do something horrible to you for shits and giggles.

I know the 1980's  hysteria over poisoned candy was completely overblown, having no basis in reality. But trick-or-treating is kind of a dangerous game when you break it down. Children don't know any better, so they're not worried about any of this, but the adults put a lot of faith in strangers when they take their kids out on Halloween night.

When I was growing up, I never felt like I was in any danger when I roamed the sidewalks of my neighborhood, panhandling at any house with a friendly jack o' lantern flickering on the porch. It was a magical night, and no harm could befall me. After all, I was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and nobody was stupid enough to fuck with that.


There's always been a sinister undertone to the holiday, but these days it's more playful. It's like seeing a good horror movie, or navigating one of those seasonal haunted houses. You get a few good scares, and when you emerge on the other side you laugh about it with your friends. All in good fun.

Besides, you don't need to be afraid of ghosts and goblins. They can't really hurt you. But when that door opens, and a kindly face greets you with a cheerful "Happy Halloween", you're never sure if that smile isn't hiding something truly sinister. You just have to hope for the best.

And judging by the lack of trick-or-treaters who disappear every year across this country, it seems that hope is not unfounded. Maybe there is hope for humanity, after all.

Nobody ever poisoned me. I emerged unscathed, aside from the obesity and numerous dental cavities I suffered in my youth.

Wait... Holy shit. Those bastards.

Wait, why am I even talking about this? Halloween is four weeks away! What the hell am I doing?

I'm supposed to be introducing the new podcast, but I spent all this time rambling about Halloween? Now what am I going to do for my annual Halloween post? Shit. I guess I'll worry about that later.
Right now, I've got to tell you about the latest installment of the internet's favorite podcast, Lies My Podcast Told Me!


This episode of entitled The Kylie Minogue Bicentennial, and it's really fucked up. I know I say that frequently, but this time I really mean it. Sure, the subject matter itself is highly inappropriate and somewhat offensive, but it's more than that.

Something... something happened on the night this podcast was recorded. A seemingly normal conversation went completely off the rails very quickly. This is ten minutes of madness. Really fucking strange stuff, even for this podcast.

I'd rather not go into any detail, because I simply can't do it justice. You just have to hear it. So hear it:

Chapter 11: The Kylie Minogue Bicentennial



TIME MARCHES ON!

13 comments:

  1. I literally don't understand you or this blog. I've been following you off and on for around a year, and I never really know what to expect. But this post... It starts off with what seems like an barely coherent yet heartfelt seasonal story, then ends with a completely incoherent, confusing, and frankly disgusting podcast which never should have been posted. Not because it's offensive, but because it's all so poorly thought out and impossible to follow. And I understand you're not being serious, but why would you even share a sick story like this? Strangling and raping a beloved pop star? What the hell, man? I hate to say this, but I think I'm done visiting The Book Of Lies. You need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. You sound like you're mentally disturbed on the podcast. Are you on medication? Maybe you need to see a psychiatrist, because you sound like you're going crazy. And if you like Kylie Minogue, then why would you even joke about doing such disgusting things to her? What's wrong with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I wasted my time listening to this filth. You shouldn't be allowed to do this. What a despicable person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shuld be locked up. It shuld be illegal to put stuff lik this on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support, guys. It really means a lot to me. After all, I do this for you.

    Keep on truckin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who the hell is being supportive? Are you delusional? I remember you casually dismissing another reader for not labeling your posts NSFW when they contain nudity. You're an asshole. A perverse, bitter fucking asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but you listened to the podcast. So the joke's on you, fella.

    Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for being a pack of raging assholes, everybody! It's very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I can say I've heard a man have a nervous breakdown on a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nervous breakdown? Hardly. That's coming up in a future podcast. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is disgusting stuff. Not funny at all. Just truly reprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing. And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I decided to listen to this podcast again, and I first noticed that it was shorter. But it's not just shorter, it's actually been rearranged. I don't remember it well enough to say what's missing and what may have been added or whatever, but you definitely changed it. Why?

    ReplyDelete