Wednesday, May 22

The Black Hole Anniversary




I've decided to lay some heavy shit on you this week. The latest episode of Lies My Podcast Told Me has arrived, and it's a doozy. For one thing, it's nearly thirty minutes long. I think we can all agree that's just too fucking long. For another thing, it's not even trying to be funny most of the time. At this point, you're probably shocked to discover that most of the previous podcasts were apparently trying to be funny. I understand your concern, and yes, the previous episodes of this illustrious audio delight were trying to entertain you, Dear Imaginary Listener. But not this one, not really.

I fully expect this to be the least listened-to episode of this podcast, and I'm fine with that. I wanted to do something special with this episode, considering this marks the one-year anniversary of the birth of Lies My Podcast Told Me. Okay, so I missed the exact date by six fucking days, but that's not important. I wanted to celebrate our anniversary with something a little different from what I normally upload to the worldwide web. And calling this atrocity "different" is a kindness.

Entitled Life, The Universe & Everything (yes, it's a shameless "homage" to the work of Douglas Adams, fuck you) this installment concerns, well... life... the universe... and everything. There are discussions of supernatural phenomena, faith and prayer, alien lifeforms, exorcisms, Star Trek, organized religion, bigotry, the struggle between optimism and pessimism in the human mind, and of course, the end of the world. Like I said, this episode is a fucking doozy.

If you want to go on this pointless and boring journey with us, just click that lovely "play" button below. You know you want to:

Chapter 29: Life, The Universe & Everything



Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry in the shower.

TIME MARCHES ON!

I never watched Law & Order...

3 comments:

  1. I honestly never noticed the pool thing in that episode of STAR TREK before, so I watched it on Netflix. That's really cool, and something I never would have picked up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nihilistic garbage.

    ReplyDelete