Wednesday, June 12

The Simmering Plains



I'm a week late with the podcast thing, and now I've taken the whole schedule right off the tracks, into a fucking ravine. It's a completely different month, now! I'm sorry, okay? Somebody actually sent me an email late last week, calling me a lazy piece of trash for not updating on schedule. That seems slightly positive, I guess, at first glance. But the email went on to explain that my podcast sucks now, anyway, so I shouldn't even bother coming back with a new episode. I love the honesty.

I have no real excuses for my tardiness, as per usual. This "honesty" thing is a two-way street, and you have come to expect nothing but the truth from a blog called The Book Of Lies. I just didn't feel like coming back with a new podcast last week. The last one went over so well, I figured I'd just let that one sit out in the void for another week, soaking up all of those loving vibes. Also, it was incredibly long by my standards, so it kinda counts as two, right?

Eh... so how's the weather where you are? It's pretty damned hot here in the Great Plains, I must say. The heat is on here in the heartland, and the little denizens of the animal kingdom are reaping the whirlwind. I've already seen two rabbits spontaneously combust in an open field. They usually don't start bursting into flames until mid-July. The household air conditioner decided to commit suicide last night, and this quaint country home transformed into an oven for about 18 hours. And I finally saw Star Trek Into Darkness over the weekend.


I don't even know if I should bother talking about it on this blog. It feels like it's been too long, and everybody and their mother has already rambled about this movie and moved on, so I think I'll just tell you I hated it and get on with the show.

Time for a brand-new episode of Lies Blah Blah Told Blah! This 30th installment, entitled Cop Dog & The Counterfeit Pants, is a return to form of sorts for this delightful audio-only delight. It's under ten minutes, which is always a plus, and it namedrops Patrick Swayze, and who doesn't love Patrick Swayze? The dangers of investing in knock-off jeans and the waking cinematic nightmare that is Cop Dog are the prime targets in this episode. Listen to the majesty:

Chapter 30: Cop Dog & The Counterfeit Pants



The long, hot summer has only begun, dear friends. Join me here for more soul-crushing anti-comedy all season long. Until next time...

TIME MARCHES ON!

Swamp Thing's out on blu ray in August!

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap, is that Adriane Barbeau?! When did she ever look like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Letter Media already covered COP DOG. You're adding nothin to the conversation.

    ReplyDelete