Wednesday, July 10

Show Me Your Secrets, Beautiful Drifter!



We're definitely balls-deep in the summer season here in the plains. The heat's getting to me. It must be, because I think I actually like Gore Verbinski's The Lone Ranger. It's got problems. Many problems. But after the experience was over, I realized I basically enjoyed it. I must admit to being slightly disappointed with the box office results, because I'd actually like to see a sequel to this train wreck. Did you see what I did there, because there are multiple train wrecks in the... the movie?

Anyway, this movie has died at the box office, which is a personal disappointment, yet hardly surprising. It just felt like a bad idea from the beginning. Who thought spending over two hundred million dollars on a feature film adaptation of The Lone Ranger was a good idea? As I said, I actually enjoyed the movie, and even I think that's a bad business decision. So the movie is a huge bomb.


And nobody saw that coming.

Now I'll never get a sequel exploring the truly hateful relationship between the inept and slightly racist white dude and his insane and slightly racist Native American friend as they ride around the American West with their magic horse, hanging out with one-legged prostitutes and righting egregious wrongs when they're not busy trying to kill each other with shovels. There's something wrong with me, because I want to see more of that. My brain is a blast furnace, kiddies.

I don't really have the strength to write up an actual review of The Lone Ranger, because I don't really have much to say. I agree with the many criticisms, but it still worked for me. I can't explain that, and I don't really want to try. Also, the soundtrack is great. It gets my blood pumping.

It's Wednesday, and that means it's time for a new episode of Blah Blah Podcast Blah! This thirty-second installment, entitled Four-Color Conniption, features a truly nerdy conversation between myself and Titus (occasionally interrupted by a slightly confused Ky), as we complain about the state of the modern comic book industry.


You are much man, Peter Parker.

It is what it is, and that's good enough for me. So listen to it, damn your eyes:

Chapter 32: Four-Color Conniption



That's it. I'm going to go watch another episode of Dark Shadows and try to figure out where it all went wrong.

TIME MARCHES ON!

Christmas In July. You're Welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Sexy pic at the end, but I have no idea what you're even talking about in that podcast. Nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading comics after Spider-Man made a deal with Mephisto. Fucking bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Bettie Page? I think it's just some kind of tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's actually Gretchen Mol from the movie "The Notorious Bettie Page". It's really good, you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete