Saturday, May 16

Let's Learn To Play The Theremin!


It's only week two with this latest entertainment venture and I've already screwed things up. Is that some sort of record for me? Probably not. Either way, I initially promised that there would be new episodes of the internet's favorite new waste of time podcast, Trappo's Chap House, posted right here each and every Friday for the foreseeable future. And as you may have already surmised, today is not Friday. I just completely forgot about this whole podcast thing yesterday, mostly due to me being a big stupid idiot with a shit brain, but anybody who has ever read this blog before basically already knew that and was probably expecting something like this anyway. I apologize, and can guarantee that it absolutely will happen again, and probably sooner rather than later.

But that's okay, folks! Because posted below are the two latest chapters in this ongoing saga of two bored dudes separated by thousands of miles who remain united in their shared boredom and fondness for pointless, meandering conversations, even in the face of the apocalypse.

But before I wrap this up, I have to ask: how are you holding up, Dear Imaginary Reader? Is the gravity of this horrifying new reality beginning to tear at the periphery of your fragile psyche? Do you feel hopeless? Helpless? Bloated? Things are just terrible all around these days, and they don't look like they're going to get any better any time soon. But it's not all bad. Or maybe it is all bad. I honestly can't tell anymore. But I want you to know that I'm pulling for you. I really mean that.

I've always been a rather pessimistic, "doom & gloom" kind of person. That's just the way I'm wired. But even I've been shocked by just how fucked up things have gotten during these past several months. In situations such as these, it's pretty easy to just throw your hands up and give in to despair. But I'm still pushing forward, day by day, because that's all I can do. Just focus on today. I think there's a light at the end of this long, dark tunnel, but the only way out is through. So I keep trudging along every day, and when I wake up each morning, I consider it a small victory.

So just keep moving, folks. One day at a time. And maybe we'll reach the end of this dark fucking period together.


And now... I present to you, hot off the podcast press here at gloomy Fenderman, Inc., the latest installments of Trappo's Chap House. Up first, Lobster Cage Blues is all about nightmares, beer, art, crustaceans, and my ongoing feud with a very real Buddhist monk who lives down the road. Lastly, 2020 Is Canceled focuses on paranoia, bad plumbing, cancel culture, cherished childhood memories, and the nagging feeling that the end of the world might be right around the corner. It's solid feel-good stuff, ladies and germs.

Chapter 03: Lobster Cage Blues 



Chapter 04: 2020 Is Canceled

That's it for now, but let me leave you with a few images that can serve as visual aids for 2020 Is Canceled, just to enhance your "enjoyment" of the podcast. Stay safe, and try not to light anybody on fire until next we meet. Unless they really deserve it, then Trappo says "they had it coming".*

A close-up view of Ky's work-in progress art installation.

Another view of Ky's latest project.

The print of the dilapidated Whacky Shack mentioned in the podcast.



*Trappo's views and opinions don't represent those of Fenderman, Inc. We do not advocate lighting anybody on fire. Even if they really deserve it. Unless you really think you can get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment