Saturday, June 13

Arrakis. Dune. Desert Podcast.



The world hasn't ended yet! That's good news! The bad news is everything still sucks. Well, maybe not everything... After all, it is time for a brand-new episode of everyone's favorite podcast, Trappo's Chap House! Can you believe it's been a week already? I know it's actually been a little over a week, but I warned you this would happen again, after all. Shit gets in the way sometimes, ya know? How have you been, by the way? Me? I'm okay, I guess. Thanks for asking, Dear Imaginary Reader.

It's been a long time... over ten years, in fact... so perhaps I'm not being too forward in suggesting that, maybe I could call you... Dear Imaginary Friend? No? Too informal? Gotcha.

Based on the page views around here in recent months, I think it's safe to say that my readers are abiding by strict social distancing practices. Heyooo!!! That was almost a joke. Speaking of almost jokes, the latest episode of Trappo's Chap House has arrived!

Entitled We're Ridin' Sandworms!, it begins with a quick discussion of the work of visionary director Darren Aronofsky. I don't use the term "visionary" lightly, so it's safe to say that I'm a huge fan of the man's oeuvre. We then segue into a longer discussion of David Lynch's adaptation of Dune, Alejandro Jodorowsky's aborted adaptation of Dune, and Denis Villeneuve's upcoming adaptation of Dune. Then we wrap things up by bringing everybody down with a bit of a reality check regarding the foreseeable future of the entertainment industry. So it's really just a lot of fun, and you should check it out immediately. So do that.

Push that play button below, and inject fourteen minutes of pure Trappo into your expectant veins.

Chapter 9: We're Ridin' Sandworms!



That's it for now, boils and ghouls. Until next week, wear a mask, wash your hands, and don't be an asshole.


No comments:

Post a Comment