Friday, April 30

You Were Only Killing Time, And It Can Kill You Right Back

 


Let's talk about current events!

Ehhh... I don't really want to talk about current events. Do you? I mean, it's not all bad right now. Some things are certainly improving, to be sure. Some things, but not most things. But we don't have to focus on the bad things, do we? That's easy enough to say, but not so easy to do, at least not for me. Personal things are more than enough to keep me up at night. Health, mortality, financial woes. That's plenty right there. But then all of these bigger picture worries just keep creeping into my head when I'm trying to go to sleep each night, and I can't keep them out. I find myself more worn down by the crushing weight of despair with every passing day. But that's personal. You don't need to hear about my troubles. And I certainly don't want to hear about your troubles. 

But summer's coming. The oppressive heat. The smothering humidity. The swarms of rapacious insects. At least I've had my fucking COVID vaccine. Maybe I'll go see a movie in an actual theater at some point this summer. I don't know. I've got no plans laid out, so I'll just play it by ear. I certainly wouldn't want to miss Black Widow on the big screen. Well... maybe I could. I don't know when I'll ever be comfortable with the idea of sitting in a crowded movie theater again. I was almost done with the theatrical experience before this damned plague came along. But we'll see. We'll just see.

Here's something you can't see: podcasts! But you can sure listen to them all the live-long day, if you were so inclined! And based on the recent numbers, you folks are absolutely not so inclined, at least where Trappo's Chap House is concerned. We're certainly no... hell, what's a popular podcast? I have no fucking clue. Is that Joe Rogan prick still a thing? That fucking juiced-up clown? Do all the raw meat-chewing cannibal assholes still listen to that shit? What a fucking revolting waste of space that oily bastard has become. I'm sure his numbers are easily twice the Trappo numbers on any given week. But that's neither here nor there. 

This latest episode is all about the late, great rock songwriter and producer Jim Steinman. Your intrepid hosts have gotten together and recorded the ultimate eulogy for this absolute legend, and you can listen to it below, or wherever else. Just listen to it. I don't care how. Do it for Meat Loaf. Do it for Bonnie Tyler. Do it for Jimmy! And do it for yourself. You won't regret it. Or maybe you will. But that's not my problem.

Chapter 41: The Movie's Over, Fade To Black (A Jim Steinman Tribute)


 

 

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll be back soon to share another podcast that absolutely nobody will listen to if for no other reason than to keep myself busy for a little while longer in an effort to momentarily distract myself from the ever-looming grim specter of death whose burning gaze I feel upon me at this very moment. So that's all I've got going on. Hey, if you have anything you'd like to share, feel free to leave it in a comment below! Because that's still a thing! Just leave me a comment because I'm so desperately lonely! For the love of all things holy, just leave me a comment so I know I'm not completely alone! It doesn't have to be much! You can just type the word "comment"! That's enough! That's all I'm asking for! Just a little human connection! Don't ya care? Don't ya even care?!

STAY SPOOKY, MOTHERFUCKERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment