Friday, May 14

Ain't Gonna Worry, Just Live 'Til You Die

 


Oh boy! It's that time again, kiddies! Time for a brand-new episode of everybody's favorite podcast that nobody listens to: Trappo's Chap House! Holy fucking shit! I can't believe it's been two weeks already! Can you believe it, Dear Imaginary Reader? Of course not. You can't believe anything, because you're not real. I, however, don't believe in anything because I'm a nihilist. A torrential hail storm just rolled through my neck of the woods a little while ago, and it was some spooky soup, let me tell you. It sounded like the world was being torn apart for about ten minutes, the unrelenting cacophonous droning of hailstones striking the roof became so overwhelmingly loud. And when the storm had passed, a thick carpet of ice pellets covered the landscape, only to melt away within minutes, leaving behind a lingering dampness as the only sign of their former existence. It was an eerily beautiful sight to behold, watching the sky fall from the relative safety of my window. Not as beautiful as the sight of a new, unopened bottle of rum in your liquor cabinet, but not too shabby, either. 

I was sitting here in the dark earlier, wondering what I could do to get our podcast's anemic numbers up, and then it dawned on me: people love being depressed. They just can't get enough of it. Folks love listening to strangers talk about sad shit. So I figured the best thing I could do to get more people to listen to the latest episode of my beloved Trap House was to post a recent conversation I had with my cousin about James O'Barr's seminal outlaw comics work The Crow, and its subsequent film adaptation starring the late Brandon Lee. If that doesn't get Trappo to crack the top 1,000 comedy podcast rankings on PodOmatic once again, then surely nothing will. So here it is, my friends. A not-so-long discussion about a particularly melancholy tale that holds a special place in our hearts, for your listening amusement. Check it out below, or wherever else you choose to listen to podcasts. This shit's out there, just waiting for your discovery.

Chapter 41: The Crow Said 'Don't Look!'


 

 

That's all I've got for you this time, friends. Next time... something else! I'm not exactly sure what that something else will be quite yet, but that's part of the fun, isn't it? We'll find that out together. Until then...

STAY SPOOKY, MOTHERFUCKERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment