Tuesday, April 20

Let's Smash Some Melons!

I uploaded a new photoplay to my delightful YouTube account, this evening. I'm really excited about this one. It's called "Rich Mexican Watermelon", and it's a spiritual successor to the original "Rich Mexican Vampire" that I posted last October.

There's no real connection between the two, aside from their vague setting of "somewhere in Mexico...". It's really more of a parody of the original photoplay. Although I don't know how I could even call it that, considering "Rich Mexican Watermelon" doesn't even follow the same basic plot of "Rich Mexican Vampire".

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the whole affair was to use the name "John Cougar Meloncampire". Do you get it? It's a play on words. John Mellencamp used to call himself John Cougar Mellencamp, and I thought it would be funny to call an undead watermelon "John Cougar Meloncampire".

Christ. It wasn't even really funny when I came up with it three years ago. But I don't care about "funny", which is clearly evident if you have seen any of my previous photoplays.

"Rich Mexican Vampire" managed to snag 28 views before it completely burned out. Of course, my last posted photoplay, "Card Sharks", only managed to be viewed 8 times in 2 months, so I'm not expecting much.

I don't really worry about the views, anyway. I never made these photoplays for any real audience, aside from my closest friends, who usually star in the photoplays, anyway. Posting them on YouTube is basically just a goof.

I'm surprised whenever one of my videos gets posted. I wonder who the hell these people are. I have noticed that most of my photoplays have at least one regular viewer in Sweden, of all places. That's cool, right? Some dude in Sweden watches my mediocre attempts at comedy.

Nobody who watches my videos ever posts any comments, so I'm guessing the viewers must really hate them.

Except that guy in Sweden. Literally every one of my photoplays has been viewed at least once in Sweden. So maybe I'm doing something right, according to this guy.

Anyway, "Rich Mexican Watermelon" is available at my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/uncleoflies

So watch it. Maybe leave a comment, or rate it. It's not too difficult. Just click the "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" icon. It's a lot easier than the old "5 stars" system. Man, remember how difficult that shit was? What a fucking hassle.

Watch my videos, Internet!!!! Share my pain!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment