Sunday, March 31

We Need No Longer Live In Fear Of The Lord!



Easter has arrived. Somewhere out there, Jesus is roaming the streets. I think. Isn't that what this is all about? He has risen, and all that? Is that the true origin of the Easter Egg Hunt? Are children really searching for the risen Christ? It's the world's longest-running game of hide & seek. He's the undefeated champion.

Maybe we're not looking hard enough. Maybe we're not looking in the right place. Perhaps we should all look within, then we'll find that the risen Christ was inside of us all along. Or maybe it's all a sham, and this is just another example of Christianity co-opting pagan festivals in an effort to destroy native cultures in favor of their own belief in "the one true god".

But that's not important, dammit! I saw Corvette Summer today! Man... that was a movie, am I right? About an hour and a half long, pictures and sounds, a little text, a little Annie Potts... not too shabby. Better than sitting in a stuffy church for two hours, listening to some clammy dickhead blabber on and on about his imaginary friend, that's for sure. I suggest Easter Sunday be re-christened Corvette Summer Sunday, and children be forced to engage in a Corvette Stingray hunt that always ends in Las Vegas with a lifetime's worth of ribald anecdotes stored away in their disappointed heads.

What am I talking about? I don't know. I'm going to be honest with you here and admit that I'm not paying attention to what I'm typing. You can tell. Because I'm in such a giving mood, allow me to present to you the next two chapters in our brand-new podcast series, Celluloid Cellar with Dustin & Ky. It's a holiday and you've earned it, after all. First up, a short and sweet discussion of David Lynch's adaptation of author Frank Herbert's gonzo masterpiece Dune.

Celluloid Cellar: Dune



Next up, the tale of a forgotten 1980's gem directed by Walter Hill, and the now-defunct home video format that inexplicably delivered it to bargain bins all across this great country.

Celluloid Cellar: Streets Of Fire & HD-DVD



That's it for now. New stuff is coming eventually. In the meantime, let me share with you some inspirational parting words...

"Every atom in your asshole was forged in the heart of a dying star."

2 comments:

  1. "Streets Of Fire" was released by Universal Studios, not Paramount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn Monroe was so gorgeous. I kinda like the new podcasts. I wish you talked more about Streets Of Fire, though. That movie needs to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete