Monday, August 26

Four Wasted Years...



Four years. I've been maintaining this blog for four years, as of today. That's commitment. Is it? I don't know, really. My parents have been married for over thirty years, so I guess that's real commitment. I've only been blogging for a measly four years. Who knows if any of this will even exist in thirty years? I wonder how we'll be living in three decades... it probably won't be too different from how we're living today. Except we'll probably be stupider. That seems to be the way things are trending.

But hey, that's the future. Today isn't tomorrow; today is today. And today is a big deal for me, because It's the 4th anniversary of this hideous blog! Oh wait, did I already... shit. Anyway, I've been informed that the 4th anniversary is known as the "appliance anniversary", which works out great for me, because I just received a mini-fridge as a gift a little while ago. It seems to be in good working order, aside from the noise. To be frank, it sounds like it's going to explode at any given moment, which makes me understandably nervous. So of course it makes sense that I have it sitting next to my computer, and am in fact glancing at it from the corner of my eye as I type this garbage. It's a small price to pay to keep my Velveeta cold.

I know nobody cares that today is this blog's anniversary. I'm not sure even I care. But I'm here, dammit. I'm here, and I've uploaded a new header image at the top of this page, and I've fussed with the layout slightly to give more room for the text in any given post, and I've even created a brand-new podcast for your listening enjoyment. I just finished editing it less than an hour ago, and now it's uploaded and out there for you to ignore. I've done this for you! This special anniversary podcast is dedicated to one of my favorite subjects: producer & director William Castle.

This diabolical bastard.

I've been a fan of the man and his work for a long time now, and this is my opportunity to share that love with THE VOID.

What follows is a sincere and awkward thirteen odd minutes of an increasingly drunk nerd (yours truly) lauding the man's career and attempting (and failing) to explain the plots of several of his most famous films to his confused and not-quite-as-drunk cousin. It's a pretty sweet ride, and I think you're going to enjoy it.


So sit back, relax, and allow the dulcet tones of unhinged and inebriated nerdery to fuck your ear pussies with reckless abandon:

An Evening With William Castle (In PERCEPTO!)



That's all I've got for now. I think I'm going to go lie down and wait this migraine out in my bunker. I'll be back eventually.

TIME MARCHES ON!

When the hell is Nurse 3D coming out, by the way?

7 comments:

  1. You wasted four years of your life that you'll never get back on this stupid fucking blog! You probably should have just killed yourself, man. It would have been quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that poster for "Nurse" hanging in my bedroom! IMDB says it came out back in December in United Arab Emirates, of all places. I've heard nothing about it, no reviews or anything, so who knows if it's even true. I doubt it could ever live up to that lurid teaser image, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I was a fool for expecting anything resembling a real analysis of the life and work of William Castle. I don't know. It was okay, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few of those movies, and they're boring old garbage. People back in the 50s were fucking stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Sardonic us is really one of Castle's worst movies. Even the gimmick was lane. Did you know he produced Rosemary's Baby? That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little brother and I really enjoyed this man!

    ReplyDelete