Friday, January 1

Death Would Freeze My Very Soul

 


Happy New Year! 

2020 is now in our collective rear view, so that means everything's going to be just fucking amazing from now on, because as we all know, all the bad things that occurred in the past year can no longer occur now in this new year, since we all changed calendars and that's supposed to mean something. I'm sure celebrities will stop dying now that we're living in a brand-new year, that whole pandemic thing has been taken care of, and we no longer have to worry about all these craven, corrupt politicians in Washington D.C. fucking things up for everybody else. Nope, that's all last year's problem. Done and dusted. Our future's so bright, we gotta wear shades. Well, I gotta wear shades, at least outside, since my neck of the woods is currently in the midst of a tremendous winter storm and if I step outside without eye protection I'll be snowblind in moments. 

There's just so much fucking snow out there, and it keeps coming down! Snowdrifts five feet high! Commerce at a standstill! The world is buried underneath a thick, suffocating blanket of frozen water and it's amazing! Can you believe this shit?! I don't mind the snow at all, but it's the howling wind that kills you when you head out, cutting through all of your insulating layers and freezing you to your core within moments. I know I've played The Witcher 3 far too much, because every time I leave the house and there's anything stronger than a light breeze outside, I hear Geralt of Rivia's gravelly voice intone "wind's howling" in my mind.

So... how did you ring in this new year? I did the same thing I do every year: I get blind, stinking drunk listening to a bunch of sad bastard music until I pass out on the floor underneath the blazing Christmas Tree. It's a tradition, and traditions mean something to me. But none of that shit matters now, since it's in the past, and now we're thinking about the future. And what better way to celebrate the future than with a podcast that is unhealthily obsessed with the past? 

This latest edition of Trappo's Chap House is all about comic books. Not like the last episode that was all about comic books, though. No, this episode is all about... ah crap, it's just more of the same stuff, isn't it? Well, it's what I've got for you fuckers, so you're going to take it, and you're going to like it. In this episode, I fall down a rabbit hole of funny book nostalgia triggered by a quest to find what I believe to be the perfect Christmas gift for my nephew, and this quest eventually leads me to buying a bunch of old comics on eBay, essentially to right a perceived childhood wrong. And this is only the first half of the conversation, since it lasted so damned long I had to chop it up into two episodes in order to make the whole thing slightly more palatable to my imaginary audience. Listen below, or on iTunes or whatever.

Chapter 31: Comic Book Guy (Part One)


That's it for now, my friends. Join me here next week for the conclusion to this scintillating discussion that I'm sure you're all going to greatly enjoy. Happy 2021, and try not to get yourselves killed until next we meet.

Stay Spooky, Motherfuckers!



No comments:

Post a Comment