Saturday, January 23

There's Nothing In My Dreams, Just Some Ugly Memories

 


It's time for a brand-new episode of nobody's favorite podcast! That's right, boils and ghouls, Trappo's back with more useless nonsense for the internet to ignore! I honestly don't know what's going on with this podcast. One week, we're ranked so high I figure there must be a glitch in the system because I can't imagine hundreds of people listening to this garbage, then the next week things are back where they usually are (near the bottom, but not at the bottom, so somebody's podcasts are worse off than ours) and the world makes sense once again. It's like the world's lamest roller coaster ride, I tell ya. I was recently engaged in conversation online with some fellow podcaster, and he asked me if I've considered starting a Patreon, and I just started laughing. He couldn't hear my laughter, because our chat was entirely text-based, but I assure you my laughter was quite hearty. Our highest ranked episode of Trappo's Chap House has been listened to 137 times. That's our highest ranked episode, meaning the rest of our episodes haven't reached those lofty heights. We have zero reviews on iTunes, and no feedback here on the blog. I think it's reasonably safe to assume that precisely nobody would be interested in actually giving us money to keep making this podcast that, statistically speaking, nobody listens to. 

In the end, launching a Patreon for Trappo would be nothing more than a humiliating waste of time, and I'm not that much of a masochist. But you can donate to the show via PayPal through the main podcast page here, if you're so inclined. I know you're not, because that "donate" button has been right there since I started the podcast last May, and nobody has been deranged enough to actually donate yet. But that's okay. We don't want your money. I mean, we'd take it if you wanted to give it to us, but we're not panhandling here. Trappo is free for everybody, mostly because nobody would ever pay for it, but we're hardly a professional operation. You can tell. None of that matters anyway, because Trappo is back! In this episode, entitled VCR Cowboys, I discuss the work of brilliant outsider filmmaker Larry Blamire for a few minutes, and this leads to an extended reminiscence of late nights smoking cigarettes and drinking bad coffee at run-down diners, my long-standing paranoid habit of recording conversations with friends and family members, and the bizarre afterlife of our original short film Pig Fucker on YouTube. That fucking thing has over 1,500 views, and I still have no idea why. You can watch our little masterpiece right here if you feel like torturing yourself for seven minutes. You can listen to the latest episode below, or on iTunes, or on Spotify, because we're on that platform, now. That's pretty exciting. So check it out, kids! Trappo is everywhere!

Chapter 33: VCR Cowboys

 

That's all I've got for now, friends. I'm all tapped out for now. I'll be back eventually with another episode of this junk, and maybe the next post will actually be entertaining. We can only hope. Until next time...

STAY SPOOKY, MOTHERFUCKERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment