Sunday, March 21

I Say Never Trust Anyone

 


Spring has sprung! The days are getting longer and longer, green shit is sprouting all over the fucking place, and the pollen is already wreaking havoc with my sinuses, so it's officially here! Can you believe it? This means summer is right around the corner, and that means Autumn is just around the next corner, so it's practically Halloween already, if you look at things the right way. Of course, Halloween is absolutely not around the fucking corner since it's still March, but you can keep the spirit of Halloween alive in your heart all year-round if you believe in the magic of the most wonderful time of the year. I certainly do. When I close my eyes, I can see the falling leaves and the lengthening shadows, and on the right breeze I can smell the scent of smoke billowing from neighborhood chimneys. At least I hope that's what that smell is. 

Do you smell it? 

Maybe I'm just deluding myself. After all, if Autumn really did last all year, it wouldn't be special, anymore. It would also signal the end times, since without a growing season this world is fucked, so I guess that's also important. But in the recesses of my diseased mind, every day is Halloween. That has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of today's episode of Trappo's Chap House, by the by. It's just been on my mind as of late.

Today's episode is all about the current state of whatever the hell people call all of these DC comic book-based movies. I think it used to be called the "DCEU", meaning "DC Extended Universe", but that's a stupid name, and I think the little universe that Zack Snyder conceived with his films is basically defunct at this point, so who the hell knows what WB's upcoming slate of superhero epics is meant to be called. Honestly, I don't care what you're supposed to call it. I just hope the movies are good. In this week's episode, we discuss Zack Snyder's Justice League, that four hour-long epic streaming exclusively on HBO MAX that neither of us have actually seen, as well as the other superhero movies that WB has in active development, including whatever's going on with the currently in production The Flash movie co-starring Michael Keaton as Old Batman. So listen below and enjoy:

Chapter 38: Trappo Snyder's Justice Gang!


 


 

Next week, we'll be talking a little bit about the recently announced Superman project that Ta-Nehisi Coates has been tapped to develop. It's going to be a fucking blast. Until then...

STAY SPOOKY, MOTHERFUCKERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment