Wednesday, January 6

Is It January, Or Is It Hoth?

The land is trapped in the cruel, icy clutch of Winter.

The current temperature is 23 degrees. The temperature hasn't risen above freezing in nearly two weeks. Snow on the ground. More snow in the forecast.

My world is a frozen wasteland.

I know I've blogged about this before (Jesus, I used the word "blogging". I don't recognize myself, anymore.), but I love this season. I would never move to a region that doesn't enjoy a few bitterly cold months every year.

This is my kind of weather. I like the stillness. The lack of insects. I like venturing outside and not being assaulted by the aroma of a freshly-mowed lawn. The bare, leafless trees lift my spirits like a sunny Spring morning for most people.

Fuck the sun. I like the cold, dark Winter months.

And because the season has put me in such a good mood, I have uploaded a brand-spanking-new photoplay on my lonely YouTube account. It is entitled "Unfinished Business!", and it's the gentle and heartwearming story of three young, masculine gym buddies who decide to take a few short-cuts to achieve physical perfection.

It stars my frequent collaborator Ky, as well as my dear brother Matt, in his first appearance in one of my delightful photoplays. I think it's pretty good. It's better than "Curse Of The Bad Touch", at any rate.

I'm going to try and shoot a few brand-new photoplays in the near future. I keep meaning to, but every time I get together with Ky, we end up watching Univision and playing Star Wars: Battlefront for hours.

We don't mean to do this... it just sorta happens. But it will happen. Eventually.

Hell, the gap between shooting "The Christmas Miracle" and our previous photoplay was over two years. I'll try and make the next one in a more timely fashion.

Anyway, if you want to watch "Unfinished Business!" just follow the link to my YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/uncleoflies/ or watch it on my embedded player, on the right side of this very page.

Watch it. Leave me a comment. Maybe rate the video.

I need to get the fuck off the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment