Monday, September 7

Gamer

I just got back. I caught a Labor Day matinee of 'Gamer'.

I'm a pretty big fan of Neveldine and Taylor. Crank and Crank: High Voltage are a whole lot of fun. There's this creative insanity to the films that just clicks with me. Plus, they threw Corey Haim in High Voltage. With a mullet.

Ticket = Bought.

I was wondering if Gamer would be a toned-down affair, different from their usual chaotic style. I suppose it was reigned in a bit, but it's a Neveldine/Taylor film through and through.

You want nudity? Nudity abounds! Graphic Violence? You came to the right place!

I had a lot of fun.

The whole "The Sims taken to a new and disturbing level" game called "Society" was the source of some pretty creepy imagery. I wouldn't want to be under the control of a morbidly obese sociopath sweating in a Rascal while he eats a french dip sub sandwich, I'll just say.

Plus Milo Ventimiglia played a dude named "Rick Rape".

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment