Sunday, December 27

No Shit, Sherlock!



I watched "Sherlock Holmes", the delightful new romantic comedy from "Swept Away" director Guy Ritchie, yesterday.

I liked it, I must say. I was certainly entertained throughout the endeavor. Never bored.

Unlike... *shudder* ..."Avatar".

Man, the more I think of that cat-monkey movie, the more I dislike it. I still don't hate it, but I like it less. So long. So predictable.

Hmmm... I suppose I should talk about the "Sherlock Holmes" movie in a little more detail.

It's funny, but I don't usually like to talk about movies that I enjoy at length. It's much easier to talk about the other movies, the failures, the disappointments...

The "Avatar"s.
Anyhoo... Robert Downey, Jr. IS the reason to see the film. He's tops in every scene, you can always count on him to do or say something that will put a smile on your face.

Also: Jude Law. Where the fuck have you been? I can't remember seeing him in a theatrical motion picture since that fucking "Alfie" remake.

Wait... I remember he played Errol Flynn in "The Aviator". Man, I loved him in that movie.

Getting into a fight with some stuffy Hollywood type for no apparent reason after making Howard Hughes uncomfortable at the dinner table, stealing some of the obsessive-compulsive bastard's food.

Great times, those were. Ahhh...

Jude Law should have played Ozymandias in the "Watchmen" movie. Not Matthew Goode. Not to say I disliked Goode in "Watchmen". He was good. Goode was Goode in "Watchmen".

Jesus, did I just type that? What am I, Gene Shalit?

Mark Strong needed more to do. The whole "Moriarty" tease in the film made me a little angry. "Let's go find this 'Moriarty' character!" End Credits. Curse you, Guy Ritchie.

This fucking movie better make some bread, because I want to see a sequel.

Just don't invite Rachel McAdams back.

Maybe Keira Knightley. Is that how you spell her name? She's a better actress. Let her be Irene Adler in "Sherlock Holmes 2: The Search For Curly's Gold".

I really need to stop listening to Meat Loaf.

Who am I kidding? That's never gonna happen. I celebrate the man's entire catalogue.
Except for "Welcome to the Neighborhood". Fuck that album.

No comments:

Post a Comment